Banana muffins are wonderfully moist and have the flavour and sweetness of banana, but I usually like it sweeter so this banana muffin recipe includes white chocolate which gives it unbeatable taste. You could choose to add any chocolate; plain or semi-sweet or even bitter-sweet to add the chocolaty flavour, but white chocolate just goes pretty well with these muffins.
- 225 gms ( 1 3/4 cups) all-purpose flour
- 100 gms (1/2 cup) granulated white sugar
- 55 gms (1/4 cup) light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 75 gms white chocolate, chopped
- 3 large ripe bananas*
- 100 gms (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
* The bananas used in the recipe should be over ripe, which is when the skin of the banana is more brown and less yellow. Such bananas are great for baking, as they are good to mash and gives a moist texture to the muffins.
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degree C (350 degree F). Place oven rack in the middle of the oven. Line muffin cups with paper liners.
2. Place bananas in a bowl and mash them using a wire whisk or a fork.
3. Add the eggs over the mashed bananas and beat until the eggs are broken and mixed well with the bananas.
4. Add melted butter and pure vanilla extract in the bowl and mix using a wire whisk, until all wet ingredients are combined well with each other.
5. In a separate bowl mix together, flour, white granulated sugar, light brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and the salt.
6. Form a well in the bowl of your dry ingredients and pour the wet mixture into the well and mix gradually until all the ingredients are just combined. Do not over beat.
7. Add the chopped white chocolate and mix using big strokes just until the ingredients are combined.
8. Using an ice cream scoop spoon the batter in the prepared muffin cups and bake in oven for nearly 20 to 25 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted into the center of one muffin comes out clean.
9. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. They are great just after 10 minutes of baking, but they also store good in airtight container for about 3 days.
Adapted from: Joyofbaking