Butterfly cupcakes are just easy as any other cupcake. The lovely presentation goes great for kids and also adults. They are a better choice when the frosting dont have to be piped but are spooned to get the wings in shape and are great looking than the frosted cupcakes. Check out those simple steps to get these butterflies.
1. Once the baked cupcakes are cooled completely, use a sharp knife and cut the top of the cupcake and remove the doom shape and keep aside.
2. Use the tip of knife and cut out a small cup shape in the center of the cup to help cream sit on the cups easily.
3. Now cut the doom shaped circular part into 2, which makes the wings of the butterflies.
4. Place 2 tablespoons of the whipped cream on top of the cupcake and smooth out.
5. Now press the 2 semi-circular pieces into the frosting on either side of the cake to resemble wings. Dust with icing sugar on top before serving.