Cake pops are bite-sized cake coated in chocolate and stuck on a lollipop stick. Pops are fun to make and a touch of creativity gives it a great look. My version of pops are the simplest one for you to understand the basic cake pops and go on give it attractive looks with your magic touch.
Note: You could choose to make your own cake and frosting using any recipe, or you could make the pops with ready-made cakes and frosting.
- Home-made cake, any flavour
- Home-made frosting
- 250 gms bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Lollipop sticks
- Place the cake in a tray and crumble them well using your hands.
- Process the crumbled cake and half of the frosting in your food processor until they are well blended.
- Make bite-sized balls with the processed mixture and place them on a tray lined with butter paper.
- Place the chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of gently simmering water and stir until chocolate is fully melted.
- You could as well use your microwave to melt your chocolate on high power for 30 seconds, take out stir and microwave again for 30 more seconds until the chocolate is fully melted.
- Insert the lollipop sticks carefully into the center of the balls and dip the pops carefully in the melted chocolate and place them on a tray lined with butter paper.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes until the chocolate sets.
- Remove from the paper and cover each pop using a plastic wrap.
Note: You could sprinkle edible decoratives once the pops are dipped in the melted chocolate and then leave them to set. You could use royal icing and give your touch of creativity once the chocolate has hardened.