Cashew cookies are nothing different than chocolate chip cookies. The dough preparation is almost the same, instead of the chocolate chips roasted cashews are added, to bring in the real cashew flavour. The flavour of light brown sugar enhances the taste and the roasted cashews make it crunchy.
- 2 1/4 (300 gms) cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (220 gms) cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 (150 gms) cup granulated white sugar
- 3/4 (160 gms) cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup roasted cashews, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C ( 356 degree F).
- Place the oven rack in the middle of the oven.
- Line up 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and salt to get them mixed well and to remove lumps if any.
- Place the butter in the bowl of your stand mixer (You could as well use your electric hand mixer).
- Beat until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Add both the sugars and beat until creamy. This process will take nearly 4 to 5 minutes on medium speed.
- Add the eggs one by one and beat well after each addition.
- Add pure vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- Add the flour mixture and beat just until incorporated. Do NOT overbeat after the addition of the flour mixture.
- Take the bowl from the beater, scrape down the sides.
- Add the chopped cashews and mix well using a rubber spatula or a wooden spoon.
- Scoop the dough and place doom shapes on the prepared baking sheets. Make sure there is atleast 3 inches space in between the cookies.
- Bake them in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges start to brown.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Keep covered in airtight container and use for 3 to 4 days. You could as well refrigerate and use for almost a week.