Unlike the peanut butter cups, where peanut butter is center filled with a chocolate covering, these are totally blended candies with a seriously delicious taste. You could have different shapes by making them in moulds, or you could choose to make them in mini muffin cups.
- 1/2 cup (125 gms) peanut butter (creamy)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners or icing sugar
- 100 gms bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 100 gms milk chocolate, chopped
- Place bitter sweet chocolate, milk chocolate, peanut butter, unsalted butter and salt in a heatproof bowl.
- Place the heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and stir until they are melted and well combined.
- Pour the mixture into chocolate moulds or mini muffin cups and refrigerate for almost 1 hour.
- Once firm, invert the cups/mould and tap to release the chocolates.
- They are best when wrapped with aluminium foil and stored in airtight containers.
- They keep well for almost 2 weeks.