Chocolate cookies have crisp edges and soft chewy centers. The chocolate flavour comes from the flavour of the cocoa powder. To make chocolate cookies real chocolaty, enough chocolate chips are added into the batter so these are amazingly irresistible to pick just one.
- 100 gms (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 100 gms ( 1/2 cup) light brown sugar
- 50 gms (1/4 cup) granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 130 gms (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 30 gms ( 1/4 cup) cocoa-powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 150 degree C (300 degree F).
- Place the oven rack in the middle of the oven.
- Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Place butter in the bowl of your electric mixer and beat well until fluffly.
- Add both the sugars and beat until creamy.
- Add the egg and beat well and add the pure vanilla extract and beat well for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the flour mixture and beat just until incorporated. Do not over beat.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and fold in the chocolate chips and mix well using a rubber spatula or a wooden spoon until the chocolate chips are combined well.
- Using ice creams scoops place the dough on the prepared baking sheets, spaced well. (You could as well cover the dough in plastic wrap refrigerate for 10 minutes and make balls using your hands and place them on the prepared baking sheets).
- Bake the cookies for nearly 5 minutes or until the edges start to get firm.
- Cool on a wire rack and store the cookies in airtight container and this keeps well for nearly a week.
Adapted from: Joyofbaking