When it gets tired of beating but still there is craving for some nice chocolaty treats, here are chocolate muffins. The best thing about muffins are that they do not need any extra beating and its easiest of all batter. Chocolate muffins are great in flavour and texture, and the added chocolate chips make them mouth-watering. A promising recipe and a must try!
- 100 gms (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 240 ml (1 cup) buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 230 gms (1 3/4 cups) all-purpose flour
- 60 gms (2/3 cup) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 250 gms ( 1 1/4 cups) light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 170 gms ( 1 cup) chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degree C (350 degree F). Place the oven rack in the middle of the oven. Line the muffin trays with paper liners.
- In a large bowl add the buttermilk, melted butter, pure vanilla extract and the eggs. Beat with a wire whisk just until the eggs are broken well and all wet ingredients combined.
- In another bowl add all the dry ingredients, the flour, cocoa, light brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and the salt. Mix well and make a well in the middle.
- Pour the wet ingredients in the well and mix using a rubber spatula just until combined. Do not over beat.
- Its a thick batter and thats how they ought to be. Do not panic.
- Using ice cream scoops, spoon the batter in the prepared muffin trays, filling cups full.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted into the center of one muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and leave on the tray for 5 minutes then transfer the muffins to wire rack and let cool completely.
- They are best the day they are made, you can as well keep them airtight for 3 days.
Adapted from: Joyofbaking