Creamy vanilla frosting, an alternate name I would like to call a boiled flour frosting. I personally love this frosting, more delicious than the buttercream or whipped cream frosting. It is a little more time consuming than the others, but the flavour and taste and worth the time.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 3/4 cups unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Mix the flour with one tablespoon of milk to a thick paste.
- Add the milk and sugar to the paste and mix well making sure there are not any lumps.
- Transfer the mixture into a heavy bottomed pan and add the cream.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and simmer and keep stirring for 20 minutes.
- Once the paste has thickened, transfer it to the bowl of your beater and keep in refrigerater to cool.
- Once cooled, beat the paste until light.
- Add the butter and beat again until creamy and forms stiff peaks.