Unique combination of dates, nuts and chocolate. These taste different with three layers innermost nuts. They are very easy to make and it becomes very easy to get dates on kids daily diet. They are soft and chewy outside with a crunchy punch of nuts within. Enjoy!
- 50 gms milk chocolate, chopped
- 50 gms bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 100 gms seedless dates
- 1/2 cup of cashews/almonds/pistachios
- Line a tray with butter paper.
- Place both milk and bittersweet chocolate in a heat proof bowl.
- Place the heatproof bowl on a saucepan of simmering water and stir until the chocolate is fully melted.
- Split the seedless dates into two. If you have dates with seeds, cut the dates into two vertically and remove the seeds.
- Pick one nut and place it carefully on one side of the dates.
- Take the other side of dates and place over the dates with nuts and firmly press using your fingers and close both the ends.
- Place one nut in each of the dates in similar way and close them all well.
- Dip each dates in the melted chocolate and lift it carefully using a fork letting the excess chocolate drip back into the bowl.
- Place them on the prepared tray and leave to set. This might take about an hour.
- Once firm, store them in airtight container and they keep well for about a month.