Sounds really healthy. Whole wheat to make dates walnuts and almond cupcakes. Dates just give the flavour but you can’t find the sticky dates once baked. Nuts make them crunchy and unbeatable whole wheat makes such a healthy snack, what better would we need? Really simple and fun to make these cups. Such fulfilling aroma and they are just great hot from the oven with a really hot cup of tea.
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup of hot tea
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cups light brown sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour ( Can substitute with all-purpose flour)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Walnuts/Almonds, chopped
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degree C (350 Degree F). Place oven rack in the middle of the oven. Line up muffin tray with cupcake liners.
2. In a bowl place the chopped dates, baking soda and add the hot tea and soak for about 10 minutes until the dates are softened.
3. In a separate bowl, sift or whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
4. In the bowl of your electric beater add the butter and beat until light and fluffy.
5. Add the light brown sugar to the butter and beat for about 5 minutes on medium speed until creamy.
6. Add the egg and beat again until well mixed. Add pure vanilla extract and beat until combined well.
7. Now add the dates mixture and beat until combined.
8. Add the flour mixture and beat just until combined. Do not over beat.
9. Now add the chopped nuts and mix well using a wooden spoon.
10. Using ice-cream scoop, place the batter in the prepared muffin cups.
11. Bake in the oven for about 20 to 25 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted into the center of one cupcake comes out clean.
12. Remove from oven and cool cupcakes on wire rack. Serve hot or store them in airtight containers. You could seal them with plastic wraps to lock the moisture. You can eat them plain or add some ganache for a chocolaty flavour.