Flower cupcakes are beautiful add-ons to your favourite cupcake recipe. They are not only pretty but also gets you geared up in food art and would keep you going. Once that you have baked enough and would want to step into the next level, here is how you start about it. They are so simple to make yet gives you great results.
- 1 measure of favourite cupcakes ( Vanilla or Chocolate)
- 100 gms (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 15 gms (2 tablespoons) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 250 gms (1 cup) icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Fondant flowers ( 12 bigger and 12 smaller flowers)
1. Bake your favourite cupcakes and cool them on wire racks, meanwhile place butter in a bowl and beat well using a wire whisk until light.
2. Sift the cocoa powder and add it over the butter and beat well again until well combined.
3. Add the icing sugar on the butter and cocoa.
4. Beat well until it becomes creamy, add water and beat well again until the required consistency is reached.
5. Place 2 tablespoons of the prepared frosting on top of the cooled cupcakes. Spread and smooth out the top.
6. Arrange the fondant flowers, one big and the other small on top of the cupcakes. Let them set for an hour before being served.
Here’s a glimpse of how to make these flowers. Check fondant flowers for the detailed steps.