Here is melting chocolate with butter and condensed milk and imagine how delicious these are going to be. This is not the traditional way of fudge making but are truly amazing with the condensed milk whereas the traditional method uses sugar syrup. The nuts could be of your choice. It would be best to use combination of nuts instead of just one. Cashews, Almonds, Walnuts and Pistachios are best, you could also choose to add pecans, peanuts, hazelnuts etc. Treat yourself!
- 1 1/2 cups nuts, toasted and chopped (Almonds, Walnuts, Cashews, Pistachos)
- 400 ml sweetened condensed milk
- 400 gms bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- Add the condensed milk, chopped chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl.
- Set the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Stir until the mixture is melted well. This gives you a thick paste as the condensed milk thickens with the chocolate.
- You could as well choose to microwave for few seconds on high power to melt the mixture. Make sure you do not end up burning the mixture, so always microwave for few seconds stir and microwave again if needed.
- Once the mixture is melted well, add pure vanilla extract and mix well.
- Stir in the chopped nuts into the mixture and mix until well combined.
- Wrap the bowl using plastic wrap and refrigerate for about an hour or until the mixture is firm.
- Using a spoon or an icecream scoop, roll them into balls and place on a tray lined with parchment paper and chill it again until firm.
- If the balls are sticky even after chilling, dip them into melted chocolate and pick them carefully, place them on the tray again and leave the coat to harden.
- These stay good for nearly 2 weeks refrigerated.