M&M Cookies are one of kids’ favourites. The dough is prepared the same way as the chocolate chip cookies. Instead of chocolate chips, M&M candies are mixed to make it colourful and bring in new texture to the cookie.
- 2 (260 gms) cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 (130 gms) cup granulated white sugar
- 2/3 (140 gms) cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 (170 gms) cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup M&M candies or cadbury gems
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C (356 degree F).
- Place the oven rack in the middle of the oven.
- Take 2 baking trays and line them with parchment paper.
- Place butter in the bowl of your stand mixer (You could as well use a normal bowl and your electric hand mixer).
- Beat the butter until light and fluffy.
- Add both the sugars and beat until creamy. This will take nearly 4 to5 minutes.
- Add the egg and beat well.
- Add pure vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- Add the flour mixture and beat just until incorporated. Do NOT overbeat after the addition of flour.
- If the dough is very soft, wrap it in a plastic sheet and refrigerate it for few minutes.
- Once firm scoop the dough and form doom shapes in the prepared baking sheets. Arrange the M&M candies on top of the cookies very close to one another.
- Bake each tray for nearly 10 to 12 minutes until the edges start to get firm and brown
- If you find the M&M candies cracking or burning do not place the candies in the dough before baking, instead, during half the way of baking, remove the tray and place the candies pressing firmly and bake for the remaining time.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- You could use the cookies packed in airtight containers for about 3 to 4 days or refrigerate for nearly a week.
Adapted from: Joy of Baking