It happens sometime we are not sure if we really needed a plain vanilla or something chocolaty. So why not these beautifully spongy, rich and moist marbled muffins? You’ll really love the flavour of vanilla and chocolate together in a single bite and muffins are always great with those amazing results with very less work on batter.
- 280 gms (2 1/4 cups) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 150 gms (3/4 cups) granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 250 ml milk, at room temperature
- 80 gms (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 15 gms (2 tablespoons) cocoa powder
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degree C (350 degree F). Place the oven rack in the middle of the oven. Line up muffin cups with paper liners.
2. Place the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and whisk until the dry ingredients are combined with each other.
3. Add the sugar into the flour mixture and mix well again using a wire whisk.
4. Add the eggs in another large bowl and beat lightly using a wire whisk.
5. Add the milk, butter and pure vanilla extract into the eggs and beat lightly until the wet ingredients are combined well.
6. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour the wet into the well.
7. Beat just until the ingredients are combined. Do not over mix.
8. Transfer half of the batter into another bowl and add the cocoa powder.
9. Beat just until the cocoa powder gets combined into the batter. Do not over beat.
10. In each muffin cups, place one tablespoon of the plain vanilla batter.
11. Then place one tablespoon of the chocolate batter into the same muffin cup.
12. Using a wooden skewer or a toothpick, slightly work into the batter of each muffin cup to create the marble pattern.
13. Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the muffins are well risen, firm to touch or until a tooth pick inserted into the center of one muffin comes out clean. Cool on wire racks or serve warm.
Adapted from: Easy Chocolate