These are the perfect combo for buttery soft and crunchy cookies. Oats make the cookies crunchy. The raisins give them an added sweet flavour and then the almonds make the cookies crunchier but it’s the butter which out beats them all in its flavour.
- 1/2 cup raisins, chopped
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- Whole almonds to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 160 degree C ( 320 degree F). Place the oven rack in the middle of the oven. Line up 2 baking trays with parchment paper. Sift or whisk flour and salt.
- Put the chopped raisins in a bowl and add the orange juice and soak for 30 minutes.
- Place the butter in the bowl of your electric mixer and beat until light and add the sugar and beat them until creamy.
- Add the egg and pure vanilla extract and beat well again.
- Add the flour mixture and beat just until incorporated. Do not over beat.
- Remove the bowl from the beater and add chopped almonds and oats. Drain the raisins and add them as well. Mix well using your spatula or a wooden spoon.
- Scoop them and place doom shaped dough on the prepared baking trays, or you could as well make balls and place them in baking trays spaced well apart. Place a whole almond on top of each cookie dough and press lightly to fix it firmly.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until the edges start to brown. The center is still soft to touch, but it hardens once the cookies are cooled.
- Remove from oven and cool the cookies on a wire rack. Store in airtight container.
Adapted from: Simply Baking, Love Food