Peanut butter is one of protein enriched supplement for kids. The cookie form of peanut butter is crispy and irresistible with its sweet and salty flavour. The roasted peanuts in the cookie make it crunchier.
- 2 (260 gms) cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 (170 gms) cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 (100 gms) cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 (105 gms) cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 (185 gms) cup peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C (356 Degree F).
- Place the oven rack in the center of the oven.
- Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and salt to get them mixed well and to remove the lumps.
- Place the butter in the bowl of your electric stand mixer. (You could as well use your electric hand mixer).
- Beat the butter till light and fluffy.
- Add granulated white sugar and light brown sugar and beat until creamy. This might take nearly 4 to 5 minutes on medium speed.
- Add the egg and beat well.
- Add pure vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Add peanut butter and beat well again.
- Add flour mixture and beat just until incorporated.
- Remove the bowl from your beater and fold in the peanuts and chocolate chips. Mix well using a rubber spatula or a wooden spoon.
- Make balls and flatten on top to form round shapes, 2 inch diameter and 1/2 inch thickness.
- You could make criss cross pattern on top of the cookie using a fork. Dip the fork in sugar before every time you press on the dough to make the pattern.
- Place the cookies on the prepared baking tray and bake in the oven for nearly 8 to 10 minutes until the edge starts to brown.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- The cookies keep well in an airtight container for nearly 4 days. You could as well refrigerate and use for almost a week.
Adapted from: Joy of Baking