Those fond of peanut butter should go delicious with these! The center filled peanut butter cups are so tempting to eat with the sweet chocolate layer outside and the salty peanut butter within. Creamy peanut butter goes well for this type of candy or you might choose to have crunchy peanut butter. The outer chocolate is mostly milk chocolate, but I love the flavour of bitter and milk chocolates combined in equal proportion. They are moulded using chocolate moulds or mini muffin cups could be used to make these cups.
- 1/2 cup (125 gms) peanut butter (creamy)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup (55 gms) confectioners or icing sugar
- 200 gms bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 200 gms milk chocolate, chopped
- Place the bittersweet and milk chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Stir until the chocolate is melted and combined well. You could as well melt the chocolate in microwave on high for 30 seconds, take out, stir and microwave again if chocolate is not fully melted. Set aside.
- In another microwave safe bowl, add the peanut butter, unsalted butter and salt and microwave on high power for 30 seconds, take out and stir until well combined. Do not let to melt but it should be soft. Add the icing sugar to the peanut butter mixture and mix well.
- In chocolate moulds or mini muffin cups, pour the melted chocolate filling 1/4th of the cups.
- Using a teaspoon, place a quarter teaspoon of the peanut butter mixture on top of the chocolate filling.
- Pour chocolate over the peanut butter, filling the mould/tin completely. Refrigerate for up to an hour.
- Invert the mould/muffin tin and tap out to release the chocolates.
- Cover each of peanut butter cup using aluminium foil or store them in airtight container. They store well for upto 2 weeks.
Adapted from: Joyofbaking