Really rich brownie goes by its name, one bite will tell you why! It has the perfect texture with the right crust on top and a gooey moist center. The richness comes from high content of chocolate in the recipe and dark brown sugar for sweetness. I had tried three different versions of the same brownie and have shown you all of them. Brownie Pops, Hearts and a regular square. This recipe is a keeper and you will surely love to share your precious baked brownie bites 🙂
- 3/4 cup ( 150 gms) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 360 gms dark or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (130 gms) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and broken
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Line 10 inch square cake pan with aluminium foil and leave an overhang to pull out the baked brownie later.
2. Melt the chocolate and butter in a heavy bottomed sauce pan until smooth.
3. Add the sugars into the melted chocolate.
4. Mix the sugars well until blended, it won’t get fully dissolved anyway.
5. Now add the eggs, vanilla extract, flour and milk and mix well until blended. Do not over mix.
6. Add the walnuts and chocolate chips and mix just until incorporated.
7. Pour the batter in the prepared pan. I decided to bake them in 3 versions, pops, hearts and in a square pan. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 25 to 30 minutes until a tester comes out nearly clean. It should be still gooey inside. If left to over-bake the brownies will become dry.
8. Once done, remove from oven and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Invert and then cool the brownies completely on wire racks.
9. Once cool they are ready to be eaten, but they are great to eat while warm too. You can also decorate the brownies. I decided to insert tooth picks into the small bites and dip them in melted, tempered chocolate. Sugar glaze piped on the hearts and fondant heart topped onto the square brownies. It was really really delicious!!
Adapted from: Taste.com.au