- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup milk, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C ( 356 degree F).
- Line the muffin tray or the cup cake moulds with paper liners.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder, thrice to ensure all the dry ingredients are mixed well and the lumps are removed.
- In a bowl of the stand mixer, (or if using electirc hand mixer, use a normal bowl ) place the butter and beat until light.
- Add the sugar on the butter and beat again for almost 5 minutes on medium speed, until it is light and creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the pure vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- Add the flour mixture and the milk alternating with each other, flour in 3 additions and milk in 2 additions, starting and ending with the flour.
- Do not overbeat after the last addition of the flour mixture.
- Add the chocolate chips into the batter and fold it to be well combined using a spatula or a wooden spoon.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups filling 2/3 of each cup.
- Bake them in the oven for around 15 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted into the center of one cup comes out nearly clean or the cup cake springs back when touched lightly.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- They are ready to be eaten without frosting or ready to be frosted using any favourite frosting recipe.
- Makes nearly 15 to 17 medium sized cup cakes.
Adapted from: Biteme