This is a boiled flour frosting adapted for a creamy and delicious chocolate frosting. The sweetness of the frosting is not very high that makes it so irresistible.
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup milk, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cups dark chocolate
- Chop the dark chocolate and place it in a bowl.
- Place this bowl over a pan of simmering water and keep stirring the chocolate until it is melted. You can as well melt the chocolate in microwave, on high power for 30 seconds, take it out stir and microwave again for 30 more seconds, if it’s not melted completely.
- Let it cool to room temperature.
- Mix milk, sugar, flour and cream in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Place the pan on stove on high flame and bring it to a boil.
- Simmer it and keep stirring for 20 minutes.
- Cool the boiled flour mixture and transfer it to the mixing bowl.
- If using stand mixer or electric hand mixer, beat the mixture upto nearly 5 minutes until light and creamy.
- Add the butter and beat again until frosting reaches required consistency.
- Add the melted and cooled chocolate and beat again until stiff peaks form and the frosting is now ready to decorate your favourite cakes.
Adapted from: Biteme