This boiled flour frosting with added chocolate and coffee flavour, goes best with the chocolate cup cake and is a treat to all mocha lovers.
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup milk, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee powder
- Chop the chocolate and transfer it to a heat proof bowl. Place this heat proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and keep stirring until it is melted.
- You could as well melt the chocolate in microwave, place it for 30 seconds on high power, stir and microwave again if it’s not melted completely. Set aside to cool.
- Mix the milk, sugar, flour and cream in a heavy bottomed pan and place it over a stove on high flame.
- Once boiled, simmer and keep stirring for 20 minutes.
- Cool and transfer the mixture to the bowl of the stand mixer or (if using an electric hand mixer transfer to a convenient bowl).
- Beat well until the mixture becomes light and add the butter and beat until creamy and stiff. Takes nearly around 5 minutes on medium speed.
- Add the chocolate and the coffee powder and beat again until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon the frosting into piping bags with desired nozzle and decorate your favourite cakes. You could as well use this frosing for spreading and covering the cakes.
Adapted from: Biteme