White Chocolate Cake is an absolute treat. Both cake and frosting contains white chocolate that gives the whole thing a great flavour and a rich texture. I have chosen to decorate the cake with candy clay flowers in white and pink that gives it a simple finish.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup caster sugar*
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup white chocolate, grated
* Place granulated white sugar in your food processor and blend for 5 minutes until superfine.
- 7 oz (200 gms) white chocolate, grated
- 1 teaspoon of granulated white sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Candy clay flowers, 8 in white and 8 in pink
- Preheat oven to 160 degree C ( 320 degree F)
- Place the oven rack in the center of the oven.
- Line up a 7 inch square or 6 inch round cake pan with parchment paper and grease the paper.
- Sift flour and baking powder to get them mixed well.
- Beat the butter with your electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the sugar and beat well until creamy then add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the pure vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- Add the flour mixture and the grated white chocolate and just until combined. Do NOT overbeat.
- Spoon the batter in the prepared cake tin and smooth the top using the back of a spoon.
- Bake the cake in the oven for nearly 40 minutes, until the cake turns golden brown and a tooth pick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool the cake on a wire rack and transfer to a serving plate or a cake board.
- Place the grated white chocolate and milk in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Stir until the chocolate is melted fully without any lumps. Set aside to cool.
- Place the cream in the bowl of your beater and beat until creamy. Add granulated white sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Add the cooled chocolate mixture and beat again until very stiff peaks.
- Fit a star nozzle to a piping bag and fill the bag with 1/3 rds of the prepared frosting.
- Spread the remaining frosting over the cake covering it fully. Smooth out all the sides and top of the cake.
- Using the piping bag pipe out desired pattern on the edge of the cake.
- Arrange the candy clay flowers over the piped frosting.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until use.
Adapted from: Simply Baking, Love Food