White Chocolate Brownies
Unique blend of white chocolate with a great version of brownie. Major portion of white chocolate is just chopped and blended in the batter, the melting happens during the baking process giving the brownie such an addictive malted flavour. An awesome dessert to go with an evening cup of tea!
- 225 gms of white chocolate
- 1/3 cup of walnuts
- 1/3 cup of pistachios
- 100 gms (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 230 gms (1 cup) dark brown sugar
- 100 gms (1 cup) all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
*Whole wheat flour in place of all-purpose flour is healthier and makes best brownies.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degree C (320 degree F).
- Place the oven rack in the center of the oven.
- Line a 7 inch square cake tin and grease the same.
- Chop the white chocolate, walnuts and pistachios.
- Sift or whisk flour, baking powder and salt.
- Place butter and 1/4th of chopped white chocolate in a heatproof bowl.
- Set the heatproof bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water and stir until melted well. Set aside to cool.
- Place the eggs and dark brown sugar in the bowl of your electric mixer and beat well for nearly 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the cooled white chocolate and pure vanilla extract and beat well again until creamy and frothy.
- Add the flour and beat just until incorporated. Do not over beat. Remove the bowl from your beater and add the chopped nuts and white chocolate and mix well using your spatula or a wooden spoon.
- Spoon the batter in the prepared cake tin and smooth the surface and bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until the brownie is just set.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares or bars and serve.
Adapted from: Simply Baking